This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to become a fully certified Phlebotomist in the state of Florida.
To complete phlebotomy training in Florida and receive your official phlebotomy certification, you must complete certain requirements set forth by the state of Florida and the national authorities in phlebotomy.
We’ve outlined the individual steps you need to take, so please read everything carefully.
Everything you need to receive your certification is written here in this article.
Let’s take a closer look at phlebotomy training in Florida.
Candidates should complete the following steps in order to meet all of the training requirements in the state of Florida.
- The applicant should have a GED or a high school diploma. The applicant must furnish any documents containing this evidence and send it in with their application to a Florida phlebotomy training facility.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug test. (This will vary depending upon the school you choose)
Requirements To Complete Phlebotomy Training In Florida:
- Apply for an accredited phlebotomy training program in your area.
- 20 hours of basic classes.
- 20 hours of advanced classes.
- 40 hours of real training in a healthcare facility.
- 50 successful venipunctures plus 10 derma skin perforations on patients.
- Apply and obtain your certificate of completion once you have completed the program.
- Forward the phlebotomy certification papers and your application to the Phlebotomy Certification Center.
- Pass the written portion of your phlebotomy exam.
- Pay the testing fees over the Internet by navigating to their website. Be sure to print a copy of this page and sign it. Send to Laboratory Field Services.
- Direct the high school you attended to send in any transcripts for showing proof of education, to the Florida DHS-LFS Phlebotomy training organization.
Make Copies Of Your Phlebotomy Certificate Of Completion From The Following Institutes:
- The phlebotomy training courses in Florida in which you attended.
- A Florida state-approved phlebotomy certification center.
Mail To The Florida DHS-LFS The Following Information:
- Your finished CPT application.
- A copy of your certificate of completion from the phlebotomy training program and the certification organization as well.
- Enclose a payment in the form of a money order or check for $54.00.
- 2 photos, the size of a regular passport.
Additional Resource For Phlebotomy Training In Florida:
National Phlebotomy Association – Great resource for more in-depth information on phlebotomy training in Florida.