This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to become a fully certified Phlebotomist in the state of California.
To complete phlebotomy training in California and receive your official phlebotomy certification, you must complete certain requirements set forth by the state of California and the national authorities in phlebotomy.
We’ve outlined the individual steps you need to take, so please read everything carefully.
Everything you need to receive your certification is written here in this article.
Let’s take a closer look at phlebotomy training in California.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to obtain phlebotomy training in California and what is required during the application process.
Any Applicant Who Would Like To Receive Phlebotomy Certification In California Should Fulfill These Requirements:
- The applicant should have a GED, high school diploma, or equivalent. Their record of education must be mailed in with their application to an accredited Phlebotomy California Certification Training Program.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test depending on the school they choose.
To Receive Your Phlebotomy Certificate, You Must Join An Approved California Phlebotomy Training Program To Finish Your Lessons In The Following:
- 20 hours in basic lessons.
- 20 hours in advanced lessons.
- 40 hours in practical training within a clinical environment.
- 50 successful venepunctures plus 10 skin perforations performed on live people.
- Retrieve your certificate of completion from the phlebotomy training center in which you attended.
- Forward your phlebotomy certificate plus the application to a California authorized certification organization center. This will allow you to sign up for the phlebotomy exam.
- After passing your exam, you should obtain your certification of completion.
- Submit the money for your application online by visiting their website. Send in a copy containing your signature on the original receipt to the Laboratory Field Service.
- Make a request for all educational transcripts including proof of high school diploma be forwarded to California DHS-LFS phlebotomy training facility.
Make A Copy Of The Original Certificate Of Completion From The Following Facilities:
- The approved phlebotomy training center you attended in California.
- The authorized phlebotomy certification center in California.
Send By Mail These Documents To DHS-LFS:
- Your completed CPT application.
- Any certificate copies from your nearest phlebotomy training and certification facility.
- Your payment issued via check or money order for the amount of $54.
- Two photos in passport size.
Additional Resources For Phlebotomy Training In California:
National Phlebotomy Association – Resource for additional information on phlebotomy training in California.